Quest for a better society
Considering that a business thrives when the society in which it operates thrives, Quest Group companies implement focused social actions aimed at upgrading the quality of life and the country's transition to the digital age.
Activities have focused around the following areas:
- The support of youth-led and start-up business looking for innovation through the use of new technologies.
- Supporting high quality education using advanced digital tools.
- Combating against poverty, hunger and social inequalities in partnership with reputable NGOs.
In addition to the above strategic focus areas, the Group also contributed actively to the collective action to address the Covid-19 pandemic, in addition to responding to the “Greece 2021” Committee call for support through the donation of IT equipment.
Supporting Society in addressing the Covid-19 Pandemic
During 2020, the Quest Group, as an active and responsible member of Society, stood firmly in support of the collective national response to address and handle the effects of the pandemic. The initiatives undertaken by the Group represent in value a figure greater than €700 thousand in products and services focusing mainly in the areas of education and the distribution of technical equipment to high priority organizations. In addition ACS , keeping loyal to its values to support the wider community, contributed significantly to offer support to population groups in highest need.
- Remote Education/Digital Classrooms: Donation to the Ministry of Education and Religion of 1.018 iPads 4G to cover the needs of remote learning for primary schools, together with educational services as well as providing support to education workers.
- Health Units: Donation of 120 laptops and PCs and 15 advanced multi-purpose devices to the National Health Organization (EODY). Provision of 2 high performance oxygen tanks to the Attikon Hospital and distribution of 5 monitors to the hospital “Pammakaristos” to enable remote evaluation of patients.
- Community/ Groups in Need: ACS, places priority on those population groups in highest needs and transported valuable medical materials to geriatric units and community organizations in the whole of Greece, addressing the needs of over 6.000 beneficiaries. In addition, together with its representatives, it offered support to a NGO through free transportation of large quantities of basic needs products.
START UP ENTREPRENEURSHIP
In order to provide to the youth and start up entrepreneurship with the use of new technologies that lead to innovation, the Quest Group has created since 2013 the incubator of new business activities, IQbility. IQbility supports new business actions, providing selected business groups with resources, tools and know-how for their success in international markets.
IQbility is the only private initiative of a Greek company that through a systematic process discovers, selects and participates in the share capital of Greek start-ups.
The differentiating factor is certainly that it is possibly the only subsidiary of the Group that consistently seeks share participation in start-up businesses, most particularly, those which provide synergies with the Group in areas such as tech, fintech services, last mile delivery etc.
For the duration of iQbility life span so far we have connected with hundreds of start-ups and have invested in 12 of these. The total investment amounts to 2 million €, with 3 exits.